Haiti Tips & Travel Pictures
Some visitors stay at nearby Cormier Plage resort (photo), between Cap-Haitien and Labadie.
Most visitors to Haiti, though, are non profit organization volunteers or international aid workers.
If you are traveling to Haiti for relief work, then have a look at how Haiti was, and some cases, still is, before the quake.
If you are traveling to Haiti as a tourist, be sure to book hotels, etc well in advance, but have a back up plan in case the situation changes. See what to pack for a trip to Haiti and Haiti travel information.
Though I had no time to visit the tourist sites of the Citadelle or Sans Souci near Cap-Haitien, others travellers can, and do.
Holidays to Haiti were 'all the rage', back when it was known as the 'Pearl of the Antilles'. Hopefully, some day, some how, Haiti will once again be a great travel destination.
Google map of Cap-Haitien (4), Labadie (1) and Fort Liberte (C) Haiti
How to get to Haiti
- From Florida (Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) via Lynx Air (book Lynx early as flights fill up fast).
- From Turks and Caicos, about 45 minutes away by air from Providenciales, on Air Turks and Caicos (www.flyairtc.com)
- From Montreal, Canada, Air Canada flies to Port-Au-Prince.
- From the Dominican Republic by road, take a bus from the border, or rent a vehicle in Puerto Plata, Santiago, or Santo Domingo. The border is open only during the day. Several tour companies in Playa Dorada, east of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, offered long one-day tours to go from Puerto Plata to just over the border at Dajabon into Haiti (see Haiti Hwy). When pressed, they stated that was as far as they would go. Tours include a stop at a nearby Haitian school, and a staged voodoo ceremony.
- From Santiago DR by Caribe Tours bus to Cap-Haitien
See More Haiti Travel Pictures and Travel Information
- Fort Liberte Historic fort on Haiti's north coast
- Haiti Highway From Dajabon Dominican Republic to Cap-Haitien Haiti
- Labadie (Labadee) Haiti Village on Haiti north shore near cruise ship stop
- Cap-Haitien Haiti's second largest city
- Haiti art Artworks and crafts in oil paintings, metal sculpture,leather and wood
- Haiti travel story Road trip from Puerto Plata DR to Cap-Haitien
- What to pack for a trip to Haiti
- Haiti travel tips - money. language, maps etc.